The primary goals of the Masters include:
- Develop and create innovative practical approaches to teaching and learning in special needs education
- Recognise and meet children and youth with disabilities and/ or special learning difficulties with knowledge, respect, dignity – in a collaborative process
- Develop conscious awareness of educational potential, through the re-connection of the hand (practical), the heart (emotional) and the head (intellectual)
- Develop conscious awareness of pedagogic possibilities and potential in new situations, contexts and locations
- Facilitate transformative learning through the relocation of the point of learning from the head to the hands and heart
- Effectively evaluate, reflect and research own practice in order to enhance the effectiveness of teaching and learning within a special needs context, reflecting the specific needs and resistances presented by the individual learner.
Find out more: