The aim of the Field Centre is to develop a collaborative research culture sourced in the practices, vision and values of Ruskin Mill Trust.
Through its research the Field Centre supports the enhancement of operations within the Ruskin Mill Colleges in the field of arts and crafts-based therapeutic education and fosters dialogue and partnerships with external academic and practitioner communities.
The core activities of the Field Centre are to:
- Avail and initiate the development of collaborative action research
- Develop appropriate adult education research methodologies
- Support and develop Masters education and mentoring
- Collaborate with national and international partners
- Document, publish and disseminate research results
- Initiate, facilitate and host conferences and events
- Engage in collaboration with the local community